Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Bug.

Lased with ribbons, I feel what’s needed.
Staring through windows, I’ve planted a new seed.
Little bits and pieces, foraged, possessed.
Textures felt in essence, this I could be.

I am what I have.
I am what I own.
I am what I need.
I still need to be.

It’s brawl time.
Show me what you’ve got.
It’s an endless confrontation.
Our mere existence is at war.

Clusters of us have piled up.
I’m exhausted.
The guise is lost, you got me.
I stand there by myself, disheartened.

I’m a giant that fills up this dearth.
I’m a reflection, a shadow that follows.
You cannot deny me, I consume you.
Yet you folks say otherwise.

I run a puppet show, I barter all the fun.
I fill empty spaces in your time, you find me worthwhile.
This experience is more human, good enough to please.
I can’t have an opinion, just don’t pull those strings.

You find me, incomplete.
I flounder, try and make something out of me.
What I find, I will lose again.
You’re stuck somewhere there, yet you comfort.
We fumble together, as one.
You know we’re broken, just not how free we are.




*This poem is a part of the compilation 'Filth'*

No comments:

Post a Comment