Monday, November 7, 2011

Ugly babies.

With clean hands we make dirty faces,
Projected radiance, it’s all for you to devour.
You consider, maybe not.
I’m dubious and disturbed.

I want to crush all that primal you’re being.
Oh, but I’d love to see you in the picture.
It’s a beautiful monstrosity.
Oh, please. Don’t be.

If I knew, you would never be the same.
If I knew it all, I would never grow again.

Incandescent light on soft cushions to spare,
Spicy meat on the dinner table.
The smart ones made it big, now they rejoice.
Too bad they didn’t do it right.

I've worn extravagantly,
They tell me beauty can’t deny.
We all glow; we’re a chirpy folk,
It’s a shiny bubble, but I’d like to break loose.

If I knew it then, you might never understand.
If I knew it all, you would see me everywhere.

I need a bigger uniform, need to cover up who I am.
You need me to be, I’m your beauty.
You are at peace, for me.
It’s pretty lambent, but at least you tried.
Slowly you will permeate, and bask in your love for life.

They are about to eat me raw, your kind.
One day, I’ll solder myself and soothe a few of your prime.
You won’t get tired of dolls, but you’ll start playing in the dark,
What if our little games took a step outside the line?

Will you stop dancing and pull me over to stare,
At a face that draws you closer to the boy who was there,
That was Halloween; you gave him some candy and a smile,
Now you’re his beauty, he really had to try.

Vengeance was naturally planted,
She soaks it in, she loves it.
No more minds of opinion, they were together.
How true, they could love it forever.

Now you know, now you know.
Utopian this was, now it’s You.
If you knew it then, you would never be.
If you knew it all, you would never see.




*This poem is a part of the compilation 'Filth'*

No comments:

Post a Comment